 Events / 1084
Re: Good Luck to all the Master Builder finalists!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:07:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:
   I just wanted to send a loud “Good Luck” to the several Lugnet members who will be in Carlsbad on Friday showing off their skills.

Win or lose, you’re all great representative of all the AFOLs who hang out here in this wonderful little corner of cyberspace.

Make us all proud!! And be sure to post stories, pictures, etc... :-)

JohnG, GMLTC fut .events

They have an article of it in the San Diego Union-Tribune:

27 finalists vie for Legoland job

A job at Legoland is the prize that 27 finalists from around the country will be competing for Friday.

The winner will join the master building team at the park, constructing theme-park models and attractions out of Lego bricks.

A nine-city tour whittled the finalists down from 500. Five women and 22 men will compete during the final, which begins at 10 a.m.

San Diego County will be represented by George Corn of Carlsbad, Matthew Watkins of Vista and Elizabeth De Silva of San Diego.

Contestants will be judged on creativity, 3-D visualization and the use of a variety of bricks. Each finalist will begin with a bucket of bricks in the timed race.

Park visitors on Friday are welcome to watch the competition.

The note that park visitors can watch makes me think I might want to go check it out.

Adr.