 Events / 1078
Re: Brickfest animation DVDs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:59:12 GMT

In lugnet.events, Keith Kirchoff wrote:
Go figure.  I lived in Oregon for years, and only now, the first year I am
living elsewhere, does Oregon host brickfest.

I read up on the "History of Flight" animation contest, and saw that DVD's were
going to be made and sold compiling all of the entries.  Do you know if it is
possible to purchase one of these if I'm not at Brickfest?  Will they be
available on any websites, or is someone planning on picking up a couple to
sell?  I'd love to check into them; I've only just begun lego animating and I'm
quite curious to see what others are doing.

Please let me know.

Keith

Keith,

Yes, it will be possible to purchase an BrickFest PDX 2004 Animation Festival
DVD assuming one is produced. If there is enough entries, then there will be a
DVD combining each animation competition being held at the BrickFest PDX 2004
Convention. The cost will be exteremely reasonable and will be set at a price
point that will enable the competition to break even. No Profit will be made
through the sale of the DVD. Should sales exceed expectations, any monies earned
from the volume sales will be split evenly amoung the animation entry
participants.

Keep posted to you LUGNET community for details about this. The deadline for
entires is on the 21st of Jan so I will know shortly after that if there will be
any entries to burn to a DVD.

Todd