 Events / 1011
Re: COLTC at Dayton GATS, OCt 11/12.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:18:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.trains.org, Paul Janssen wrote:
COLTC will participate in next weekend' GATS show, at the Exposition Center at
Dayton Airport. Show times will be 11-5, each day.

for more info:
http://www.greatamericantrainshow.com/maps/DAY10-03/DAYTInfo/DAYInternet%20Copy.htm

This will be our first GATS show. We have many new models, large and small.
Never shown before creations include a Bridge, Mountain, Dam, Lake, Underwater
scene, and, and, and...We will have four monorail loops, and 2 large train
loops. We'll have a building area for kids too.

Hope to see some of you there,

Paul Janssen
COLTC
www.coltc.org

Lugnet fans,

I just wanted to show off our latest Lego train show that COLTC put on at the
Dayton GATS show last weekend. (Oct 11,12 2003)

This was our 1st GATS show but our 3rd as a group. We all had a great time and
we received many comments from every one during the show. We won the 3rd prize
for our first GATS show!

Some high lights of the show;

We had many new mocs, and even one in progress to show how they where made.

We had a remote camera mounted in the monorail train that supplied a movie to
the Drive In-movie-theater. I think the concrete floor in front of the drive in
theater was a little worn out by the end of the show… The kids and well the
parents also really liked seeing them shelves in the screen. And the different
views the camera supplied were priceless.

Small Church and graveyard

Dam that was over 50 bricks high using 1x2 bricks to make the curve

6 base plate’s long suspension bridge with a monorail below the 2 train tracks

Gas station

Columbus’s downtown Huntington Building under construction

A great job was done to make a realistic Jeep car

USPS mail truck with decal to go with!

Remote controlled Rotating, pneumatic door opening telescope observatory!

A new mountain with 2 train track tunnels

1st showing of my log cabin on the water at a show

Many more moc’s that you will just have to see on the web site for your self!

All in all it was a great weekend, it was nice to talk to all the train people
and talk about their layouts and models they made them selves. I think all the
groups now have some ideas from each other that we may use in the future!

So here you go, the links you been waiting for! Just make sure you check out the
second pages of our Brickself folders. We had enough to fill up multiple pages.

and

Mike Gallagher