 Education / 249
Re: Summer LEGO Building Camp Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.edu
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:43:21 GMT

In lugnet.edu, Andrew Cross wrote:
In lugnet.edu, Brian Pilati wrote:
Every summer I hold a week-long one hour per day LEGO Building camp through my
local Parks and Rec program.

Wow, that is a really neat program. What kind of fee structure and room
requirements do you have? How much LEGO is given to each participant?

Andy

Unfortunately, the fee structure this year is a little on the high side: $40.
Last year, Jake McKee was able to supply our LUG with an event kit.
Unfortunately, this year, Jake did all he could for us but he was unable to help
us out with any sets.  LEGO is really, Really, REALLY, tight fisted this year.
In fact, Jake couldn't even send us any stickers??? (Thanks for trying, Jake.
We understand your situation.).

Last year, we had around 20 kids participate, so We decided to roll the dice and
hope that 20 or more kids would participate again this year.  So the fee
structure breaks down to $30 per kid for the sets required for the camp (The
Total bill without tax and shipping was $620) and $10 towards an 4881 Robo
Platoon that they get to take home.

Each participant is given a full set to build with for the day.  For example,
Monday is Sea Machines and each participant is given an entire set to build with
during the day.  At the end of the day we take a picture and they leave the
sets.  We break them down and get ready for the next group of kids.  Same for
each day, except for Sea and Prehistoric Creature day.  Those sets are so large
that we have 5 of each and will separate the models so each participant will
have two or three to build.

Our Parks and Rec building has a great room in the basement that has a large
round table and 10 chairs.  We just sit around the table and build away.