 Education / 172
171  |  173
Subject:
Questions regarding a project for school...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.edu
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 20:09:44 GMT

hello!

For a school project, we are supposed to write a business proposal for a
hypothetical e-commerce site.  The business I plan to write about is setting
up a Lego resale operation worldwide.  The main concept is this:  We all no
there are from time to time Lego sets that are only available in certain
countries.  As collector's, we all might be interested in them.  If Lego
won't fill our need, let's set up a site to help each other.  Basically, if
there is a US only set, the US branch of the site orders as many of the sets
as they can, and sells them to international buyers.  If it is a UK only
set, our UK operations buy the set, and sell them.

As part of my proposal, I need to address certain concerns.  Such as:

What potential problems could arise, or do we need to be aware of, regarding
international trade laws?

Are there any international tax laws to think about?

How do you handle shipping around the world?

If any of you incredibly intelligent people could lend a student a hand, I
would greatly appreciate it!  Are there any other considerations I need to
address?

Would it even be legal for a company to do something like this outside of TLG?

Eric