 Education / 130
129  |  131
Subject:
NJRC 2000 in Singapore
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.sg, lugnet.edu
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 04:56:06 GMT

Hi, educators

This may be of interest to people who have to organise or prepare kids
to take part in robotics competitions.

The National Junior Robotics Competition (NJRC) 2000 which is in its 2nd
year running, was held from 5-7 Sep in Singapore. This FLL-styled
competition using the Lego Mindstorms kit, fields teams from Primary
(=Elementary) and Secondary (=Middle) schools.

I've put up my own pictorial report at
http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1/miscell/njrc2000.htm

The official stuff is at
http://www.sci-ctr.edu.sg/events/activiti/njrc2000/index.html

The highlight this year was the great privilege of having Prof Seymour
Papert - Mr Mindstorms, himself - in town. He was here in conjunction
with the opening of the Robotics Learning Centre at the Singapore
Science Centre.

I have also taken the opportunity to come out from the Dark Side to
reveal myself. I guess it's safe for me to do so now ;-)

--
Dr C S Soh

CSSoh's Lego Pneumatics
http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1