 Education / 120 (-10)
  Re: Modelling boolean gates with trains

(...) For those of a mathematical disposition, I vaguely remember an article on the subject of building computing logics out of train tracks in 'Eureka' (the annual journal of the Cambridge University undergraduate math society, the Archimedeans) a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modelling boolean gates with trains

(...) If NOT is reversing direction, than 1 is forward and 0 is back. (Or the other way around; whatever.) But I'd be curious to hear how you envision more complicated logic! (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Modelling boolean gates with trains

Okay, this might be totally impossible (or insane or banal), but has anyone modelled boolean functions on a train layout (System or Duplo)? At the moment I'm thinking "train on the line"=1, "not on the line"=0. NOT could be done by reversing the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.edu, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New

Howdy, ...congrats! I look forward to any questions or insights into integrating Legos into education! Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.weirdrichard.com (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  New

Hi, I just joined. (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Plano 1258 storage for Classroom Robotics

Howdy, ...very nice! I still like my school's design with a mobile cart and removeable tubbies for the majority of parts. ( Take a look at (URL) for an example ). There are so many Lego elements in our labs, the stowaway boxes can become difficult (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  Legos and Optics

Howdy all, I recieved some email from a fellow working on a senior project involving using everyday objects in physics education. Specifically he is curiously about building optical instruments with Legos. Here is what I came up with.... (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: math 5-year-old child 1 x n bricks overlapping courses

(...) LEGO Cuisenaire Rods! Of course there are a few missing pieces to make a proper set, you need: 1x1 white 1x2 red 1x3 bright green (yea right!) 1x4 magenta (yea right!) 1x5 yellow (good luck!) 1x6 green 1x7 black (good luck!) 1x8 brown 1x9 blue (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  math 5-year-old child 1 x n bricks overlapping courses

The 5-year-old child discovered "higher" math with 1 x n bricks. The child played into a structural 1x brick goal of a 12-stud assembly. Needing to lock the first course (row) of 3 4-stud bricks by overlapping the second row, the child discovered a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Plano 1258 storage for Classroom Robotics

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000201c01ceb$43...@pro150... (...) (More (...) I've been involved with education for over a decade (judging science fairs, PTA, School Site Council, etc.) I've just *finally* gotten the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact