 Duplo / 614
Re: Looking for an old DUPLO set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 15:37:31 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   In lugnet.duplo, Clark Stephens wrote:
   In lugnet.duplo, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   I’m looking for an old DUPLO (I think) set that came in a bunny rabbit (pink, I think) looking bag. Does anyone know the set number or have any images of it?

That was a storage bag. The bunny was red plush with a rope carry handle, zipper along the back, and a Duplo or Lego logo keychain. I’ve seen the bag several times, but I don’t know which set it came with. It may have been an ‘extra’ attached to a set, or actually sold by itself.

Here’s pictures of one that I had:

Don’t know if the parts shown were original or not. I got the set used. I haven’t seen a ‘new’ one in quite awhile, so my guess is that the bag is at least a few years old.

Any idea how this set is worth now-a-days? The set is in used condition (playable) but all there.

This set was listed as #1957 in the program for the LEGO auction in Sacramento last year. The year of release is listed as 1985. Two different sets that had the number #1957 were auctioned off: a “Preschool Basic Building Set” containing only the bricks, and a “LEGO DUPLO Special Offer Soft and Cuddly DUPLO Storage Bunny” that had those same bricks plus the bunny. BTW the set with the storage bunny (new in original packaging) went for $17.50.

Maggie C.