 Duplo / 6
Re: Duplo underrated?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 18:03:26 GMT

In lugnet.duplo, Ashley Glennon writes:
Are there any cool, Duplo websites or cool Duplo creations out there? I've
only seen one nice Duplo site that had a train station and a house.

I perceive that Duplo bricks are underrated.

I plan to launch a Duplo site in the future to prove that Duplo bricks can be
cool.

I would love to hear the opinions of others on the cool-factor or lack thereof
of Duplo bricks.
Ashley

I must put in a word from my four-year-old nephew, who received a Duplo Toolo
set from me for his birthday.  He absolutely loves it, plays with it all the
time, and although he needed a bit of help to get the hang of it at first, he
can now take it apart and put it together differently all by himself.  Regular
Duplo had lukewarm appeal, but I sense a future Technic fan in the making.
I'm sure more sets will be forthcoming for Christmas!  It's not cheap though;
regular price seems to be about $1 US a piece (owee).

I'll send the box- and instruction-scans for 2930 to Kevin for brickshelf when
I get a chance.  If anyone else has some Toolo, I'd love to see some scans to
help decide what to get next, and hear your opinions.

Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective