 Duplo / 532
  4085 Bucket (Explore)

Just got this tonight, overall I'm impressed. Seen some stuff that I've never saw in regular DUPLO®, such as... "plates" (2 make one standard brick) helicopter/windmill rotor ...other than that. they're just standard DUPLO® (even to the name stamped (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

(...) How many studs on top - 4 in the middle or 8? The 4 stud ones have been around for a long time, 8 I haven't seen before so this would probably be new. (...) Is this the one in 2400 Cute Building Vehicles? This one was also in one of the Korean (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

(...) The plate has four studs on top, just like the regular bricks...-Harvey (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

In lugnet.duplo, Harvey Henkelman writes: never saw in regular DUPLO®, such as... (...) Ah, my mistake, I was taking a "standard brick" to be a 4*2 brick rather than a 2*2 brick. There have been 4*2 plates with only 4 studs instead of 8 around for a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

(...) Sorry about that Deidre, but it is a 2×4 plate and there are two per bucket in red. My mistake (and correction)-Harvey (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

(...) Actually this makes more sense because it seems a 2 x 2 Duplo plate would border on being a choking hazard for small children. Maggie C. (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

(...) I had wondered about that too. I do think that some of the existing Duplo pieces are bordering on choking hazards anyway, things like the saucepan. I gather that technically they pass the relevant standards as safe otherwise they wouldn't be (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

To All, I just picked this up yesterday (Filler for my train station project) and I got it for 9.97 at the Elkhart Indiana Wal-Mart. Is that the correct price, since it is chaper than the 70 piece Duplo bucket. Scott "Growing Duplo User" S. -- (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

(...) How do they test it? I'd hate to be one of the babies in their panel of experts... Chris (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 4085 Bucket (Explore)

(...) They have to not be able to fit down a tube of a certain diameter, which I gather is slightly larger than the size of a baby's windpipe or esophagus. Adrian (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.duplo)