 Duplo / 40
39  |  41
Subject:
Light and sound elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.duplo
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:39:17 GMT

After having a bitch here about the Duplo light and sound elements, (having
non-replaceable batteries) I decided to ring Lego to check on availability of
replacement units .
Lego Australia informed me that there are none, the reason I was given is
that

"they are new elements, perhaps when the range is discontinued Denmark may see
fit to send over some replacements, but for now, none are available, and I
can't promise that there ever will be, its a matter of wait and see if any
turn up"

I wonder then if they are available elsewhere? Has anyone else done any
research into this? Mine are still functioning fine, but hypothetically it
would be nice to know they are replaceable.
Actually, when they do go flat, I'll have a go opening them.
They got the battery in somehow, you must be able to get it out again.
Doesn't appear to be any glue, and there is certainly no screws. So how
difficult can it be? Famous last words probably, oh well, I'm prepared to
sacrifice a block to try it out.

Rachel