 Duplo / 118
Re: It's time to get rid of my Technic Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.council, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:56:20 GMT

"Tony Priestman" <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Todd Lehman (<Fr0zCv.Mqy@lugnet.com>) wrote at
00:14:55

In lugnet.admin.council, Tony Priestman writes:
Tony:  Could you elaborate on that?  In what way (where is the flaw?) • can
the rules be interpreted in such a way that .castle allows auction • postings?

By omission. In point 11 of the T&C the phrase is "discussion groups
which do not explicitly welcome them."

I interpreted this as the individuals participating in the group, as
opposed to the framework within which the group operates.

OK, so you're saying that it would be clearer if the above quote • mentioned
charters somehow...?  For example,

  ...discussion groups which do not explicitly welcome them in their • charter.

Exactly.

No. I think it should be left up to the subscribers to that group. This will
be particularly relevant to smaller niche groups. I almost welcomed the post
below from Yossi. Both because I'm interested in these items, and because
his auction listing did contain some information which I was interested in.
I was glad he posted it:
http://www.lugnet.com/duplo/?n=116

Furthermore, I'd argue that this post would be more welcome in lugnet.duplo
than .auction, where most of the readership is in search of Lego
System/Technic. Additionally, I think the same argument exists the clone
groups.

Scott A