 Dear LEGO / 877 (-10)
  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Thank you for your response -- we appreciate it. (...) I can agree with and respect your other points, especially regarding the retailer's catalog. That makes sense. However, this one doesn't. There is no legal precedent for this, but this sort of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) I would like to Lego itself put ALL of the instructions and at least one photo for every set ever made on their website as a historical reference. I know some of this has been done elsewhere, but the most suitable place for it would be Lego's (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Thanks for the extremely clear (and reasonable) policy on catalog scans. It is now clear that the retailer catalog is not to be shared (even old ones, I guess those need to come down) in any form. I hope that everyone who has continued to offer to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Questions have been raised recently regarding our stance toward the publication (scanned and posted) of our catalogs, both those intended for consumers and those for retailers. During my visit earlier this week in Billund, and also following (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.publish) !

  Re: Number one request for LEGO

(...) Not necessarily. I suspect they make the basic brick molds to last much longer than special piece molds. Simply a matter of cost-effectiveness of titanium-alloy diamond-coated molds ;) Jasper (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) _completely_ gratuitous figs thrown in. Ignoring for the moment the absence of "Lego" and the conspicuous presence of "TOMY". Jasper (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Number one request for LEGO

(...) I definately agree. I enjoyed the older sets because they were more fun to build and I could do more with the pieces. Of course, until town Jr, I was always excited about the new stuff the would come out with. Jimmy (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Number one request for LEGO

(...) And one would suspect that the worn out molds are in direct proportion to the quantity of a particular part produced. I.e., most (but not all) of the worn out molds are for basic bricks, not as many for special parts. Ray (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

First off, I would like to say thanks to Brad for recognizing the AFOLs, it has been a long time comming. Echoing what Wayne Hussey just said, I to have always longed to know some information on parts made past and present. I have always hoped that (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) LOL!! Now *that* is funny!! Jeff (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact