 Dear LEGO / 767 (-5)
  Re: Brad Justus is real

(...) Point 1, he uses IE on Windows NT (if we can believe the first message, at least). So no remote breaking in. Which leaves physical access - which is IMHO rather unlikely. (...) Break into a high-security FreeBSD box? Highly unlikely, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Adventurer Maps

Dear Lego: Regarding the Adventurer Series Egypt tile maps, a small nit that I, as a geographer, feel compelled to make: The Pyramids of Cheops are on the west side of the Nile, not the east. This may seem trivial, however, the Pyramids were built (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Why would they want to prevent it? Complete sets would almost certainly be cheaper than purchasing the parts directly, so there's not really an issue. (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Actully, I think your last sentence captures the issue more than the first point. The problem with Paradisa isn't that it was marketed for girls. The problem is that it was a weird pink and has strange architectural stuff going on. I think (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) [Snip] Now that I have had a day or so to mull over what I would like to say here it is... Open Letter to Brad, TLC and the LEGO Direct Staff Many of the posts and letters from AFOLs and others that you will see have requests for solutions to (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact