 Dear LEGO / 752 (-10)
  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

(...) LEGO has two obligations - one, to themselves, to make money, and the second (I'd like to imagine) to make toys that help children grow. You can't make people buy toys that they don't want. LEGO may have accurately defined the girl's toy (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

(...) It brings up a thorny question of cultural relativism. Do we just shrug and say hey, difference of culture, or is it okay to say, no, that's not right, no matter what culture you're in there are some basic principles of human equality which (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

(...) Okay, IMHO, BURPs have great potential and you can do tons of stuff with them. <grin, duck, run> I just moved and left my BURPs at my old house - you wouldn't believe how much I miss them... And, you couldn't create a hollow effect using other (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

(...) A style (brand?) of boat. The yellow inflatable* boats that came with the diver sets. Picture Jacques Costeau riding in one to chase after some humpbacked whales on PBS. -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily" * Of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

(...) what do you mean by zodiac??? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build)

  Re: Junior, Juniorized, Juniorization

[ X-posted to lugnet.dear-lego because I don't like juniorisation ] [ X-posted to lugnet.build because I have a building suggestion ] Richard Marchetti: (...) I think it depends on who you talk to. IMO the main juniorisation indicator is POOP's: - (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

First of all, welcome! It is always a positive sign when a company should choose to engage in dialogue with its customers. It is futher encouraging that TLG recognises that AFOLs are a significant part of their customer base. Many of us, no doubt, (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

(...) _An_ important thing. And yes, pleasing your Significant Other, if it is possible to do so without compromising your own morals, _is_ an important thing. Regardless of your sex. Jasper (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Not to mention that, especially for people here, it simply Won't Work. If the US prices are cheaper than EU prices by more than shipping (shipping, BTW, is reasonably constant across all countries for service sets - food for thought), there (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

As a first step, we at LEGO Direct want to participate actively in these newsgroups from now on - that is, if such participation is something that you want. Please realize that it will take some months for all our new efforts to be fully visible - (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact