 Dear LEGO / 742 (-5)
  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Hi Brad, Welcome, this is indeed a big moment for us, so lets hope that something will come out of this proposal. First some good news : A local newspaper wrote that Lego was the most sold toy in the last century !! Now the question : Will those (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Horrible quote from the Scala web catalog

I agree, Tamy. I've discussed this general topic with a few Danish women and they hardly saw anything wrong with such statements as the one quoted. There is an interesting book, which I'm sorry to say I've only read a fraction of, titled: Americans (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) This also -- to my non-laywer mind, of course -- partly reduces the legal issue. If submitted designs are publically available on the web site for a year or so before being considered for production, that seems like ample time for the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

(...) Maybe someday we'll see Larry's black hopper car. Wouldn't that rock?! :) The big legal hurdle there is indemnification against false representation. (Say some model creator steals a design from someone else and represents the design as (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: "If it were my toy company..."

Go Todd! I agree wholeheartedly with every idea, especially the point about being able to submit your own models for consideration as a company-produced set. Just imagine a line of text on the box: "This Lego set custom designed by: Your name here!" (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact