 Dear LEGO / 702 (-20)
  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) and (...) POKEMON LEGO!!!?????? *runs to bathroom, comes back wiping mouth* urrgghh....just the thought made me barf.....I don't think TLC would want to do Pokemon.....It's just a fad and will probably end up like POG (hopefully).....*shudder* (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) and (...) POKEMON LEGO!!!?????? *runs to bathroom, comes back wiping mouth* urrgghh....just the thought made me barf.....I don't think TLC would want to do Pokemon.....It's just a fad and will probably end up like POG (hopefully).....*shudder* (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

This is great! I want to tell you this: I live in Sweden, and many things in the U.S. are not available here. I´d like a more even distribution of LEGO everywhere and not just the US. Brad Justus skrev i meddelandet ... <SNIP> But here’s a little (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Brad Justus (legodirect@lego.com) wrote: : To LEGO enthusiasts everywhere: : We cannot tell you how excited we are to be working with you all. We hope you : are equally encouraged by the renewed commitment we are making to you. We look : forward to (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Actually, that's not what I was refering to. Your messages were appearing in my newsreader (MSOE) in double-sized font. They look fine on the web interface I'm using now though. Wierd. -John Van (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Yes, although she uses the parts to build her own stuff - deep space ships, or space stations. Kevin (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) They weren't all that cheap then, either. I liked the theme as well, but I think overall it was a flop ie no one bought it. (...) You have a point. I'm thinking of Polly Pockets. Now they were downright tiny, and my daughter loved them. We (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Open dialogue *and* bluk ordering? There *is* a Santa Claus! (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Can we get some clarification on your IP, what's off limints and what isn't?

For the sake of community harmony, I'll try to get a quick resolution to this. I honestly don't have all these answers right now, but I'll be in Billund early next week, and will obtain clarification (mine is not the only voice in determining such (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general) !

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

They didn't have a storage SYSTEM. The blue and red drawers I have don't have tops - better not tip them over... Can you imagine sorting through 50 bags piled in a corner?... Bucket tops don't stay on worth a damn... Dacta tubs were random X by Y (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) You mean like launch command for example? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) not naiming names but the australian stores of one of these chains use a giraffe as a mascot :) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) and (...) When I was 12 I made the ENTIRE LINE of Thundercats (now on Cartoon Network) on mini-fig scale. Nothing could touch my Thundercat Tank or my Cats Lair Fortress. My Mummra was EVIL and my Liono was authentic. If LEGO could team up (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) I like the helicopter skids. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Gotta call you on this one, man. (: I *love* Paradisa. I wish I hadn't been in my Dark Ages while it was available. I wish I could get ahold of it -- I need the pieces-parts to build my town, Southern-California style, but there's no way I can (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

To attract a bigger share of the market, look at the popular figures and toys and either liscence them (pokemon lego???) or make something similar. e.g. power rangers were (or are) proplar so make something similar. -- Jonathan Wilson (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) TLG had some great storage devices in the past. there was those red and blue drawers, great for storing smaller pieces. there were various boxes etc and also those drawstring bags. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

Hi Brad and LEGO Direct service team, a huge welcome to lugnet - oh this has been said already? Who cares, this is one of the most important days in history, a dream coming true for all of us (mostly AFOLs). All I could say know has already been (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Can we get some clarification on your IP, what's off limints and what isn't?

Dear LEGO Right now there is a bit of a brouhaha brewing about Y2K information. Bad feelings are rising and tempers are fraying. It would be helpful if you would formally reply as to what your position on stuff that can be found on your website is. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Oops, sorry. Must have been a bad shift-key reflex. I *know* better than to mix-case LUGNET that way. Steve (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact