 Dear LEGO / 69
68  |  70
Subject:
Snarly Faces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 23:08:11 GMT

Dear LEGO:

As a parent and as an adult fan of LEGO (building bricks), I am tired of
preprogrammed play scenarios being built into the LEGO toys I buy for my
children.  This imagination-draining property is especially evident in
the 'snarly faced' mini-figures which are so common in the newest LEGO
System sets.  As well as comics in the instructions showing how the
'characters' might interact.  Presentations of this nature tend to steer
children away from non-competive, non-combative modes of play.  Over the
past several years, I have been disheartened to see more of this in LEGO
products.

Thank you for reading,
Steve Bliss