 Dear LEGO / 5452 (-10)
  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) The studless beams have their place, but they are not a perfect replacement for studded beams in all circumstances. A studded beam can almost always be used in place of a studless one, but the reverse is not true. If I wanted to place (...) (18 years ago, 5-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) Seems to me the best place to get studded technic is in non-technic sets. The Dino attack helicopter, several exoforce sets, designer sets etc are all appearing with at least some studded technic. Otherwise, perhaps it's time to update your (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) I second this. (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) That is good advice, well-received, but which is sadly getting very hard to follow. On a recent trip to my local LEGO Retail store, I asked the employees if there were any sets with studded Technic beams, and they didn't even know what I was (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Where Have All the Studs Gone?

(...) While I also have some misgivings about the apparent decrease in the use of studded Technic bricks, probably money is the way to talk - instead of buying sets without studs, go buy multiple copies of the ones with studs, a good starter is (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Where Have All the Studs Gone?

Dear LEGO, I just opened my new MindStorms NXT, and my first impression is that this is a really cool system with a lot of potential. But I've gotta ask - where have all the studs gone? A 577-piece LEGO set that has a grand total of six pieces that (...) (18 years ago, 4-Dec-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX) !

  Teaching NXT - Engineers without Boarders

I started teaching an NXT Robotics Club at the High School level today. In tandem with the Engineers without Boarders Challenge. I must say how impressed I am with the new NXT! The documentation, the parts found in the kit and the up and running (...) (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Does anyone from LEGO read these posts?

Well, I am curious. Does anyone from LEGO read these posts? (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Possible idea for The LEGO Company

(...) Another update on the MB basic bags: I saw a big display of them in a (URL) Five Below> at the (URL) Arundel Mills Mall> in Maryland. They were arranged by color in tall cardboard boxes, and were priced at $1.50. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's (...) (18 years ago, 21-Oct-06, to lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Lego mailing list (shop.lego.com)

Hi! I, as many of you, am on the mailing list og TLC (shop.lego.com news), but I have a problem. I get all mails 3 times, when trying to adjust anything, I see that I am only subscribed once. Whenever there is something new, I am told 3 times. I (...) (18 years ago, 28-Sep-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact