 Dear LEGO / 5397 (-5)
  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

What about ripping out the IR and jumping right to Blue Tooth. This way the NXT can directly control 3 or 4 trains wirelessly (more if you use a hierarchy), as well as many laptops and smart phones! I know tha Blue Tooth is designed to be low power (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) Actualy, so can a remote. The IR signal from the RCX is fairly "bright" (i.e.- you don't need the RCX pointed right into the Manas IR receive units to function, it can be bounced off other objects). (...) We don't, although I suspect strongly (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) Surely the automated sections of the layout can be as complicated and widespread as you have RCXs? You only have one?, that just controls passing at a second station with control on the rest of the layout being down by you, manually (for (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) Well, until I buy one and dig into it, I am not going to know how much space there is within the housing. I like RF 'cos it works out of line of sight. As far as different sub-carrier frequencies for IR, there are a number between 25KHz and (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) how difficult do you think it's going to be to convert from IR to RC? this is one of the many things i wouldn't mind trying but i honestly hadn't thought of it before your post. another option is to somehow offset the frequency that the IR (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact