 Dear LEGO / 5392 (-5)
  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) I cracked the Manas codes in ten minutes with a photodiode and an oscilloscope. Turned out they were very easy to transmit from the RCX. I suppose TLG could go to the trouble of inventing an entirely new scheme, but why? The only scary thing (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) The problem you're gonna find is that the RCX can only point in 1 direction at once. Unless you have many spaced around your layout, you're not gonna be able to control the trains at every point on the layout. That may not be a problem - if (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) We've been asked for info/catalogues on Lego trains at every train show. They simply are not available in the usual retail outlets which explains why we get the same comment at every train show; "I didn't know Lego made trains".Unfortunately (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

Also if the RCX is NOT directly powering the trains then the RCX 1.0 (with AC jack) isn't manditory. I would love to see the IR train be controled by the RCX. Is reverse engineering the IR codes for the IR train hard to do? Should I try to get the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Thoughts on Battery-powered IR-controlled trains

(...) I'm saving up to buy an NXT - at Developer's Special, or full retail, I'll likely get one the first chance I get. But I'm not remotely thinking the RCX will be "obsolete" in 6 months. One, the NXT doesn't have IR... yet. It wouldn't surprise (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact