 Dear LEGO / 5333
Re: Why is there no plate 1x5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:13:29 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Dear LEGO,

This question is on my minde all the time, and I do not know if anyone else
asked before but: Why is there no Plate 1x5?

This could be IMHO so usefull!

The same goes for a Brick 1x5 and Tile 1x3. There are probably a dozen or so
more simple, yet effective and handy parts that you could use.

I am looking forward to your (or anyone else's) answer.

Jaco van der Molen

I'll add tile 2x2 corner and 1x2 half round plate, brick and tile to the request
list!

A 1x5 plate can be made in 3 ways:
1x1 + 1x4, 1x2 + 1x3 or 1x5 technic plate with rounded ends and axle hole in the
middle (an older version of it exists but isn't still available new, just on
Bricklink).

Use 1x2 + 1x3 where there is no gap to bridge.  Use 1x1 + 1x4 if there is a 1 or
2 stud gap in the middle.  Use 1x5 technic plate if there is a 1 stud gap in the
middle so that the cross axle hole bit doesnt clash with a stud.

Mark