 Dear LEGO / 5292 (-20)
  Shop AT Home

Hi, Since saturday morning , after I've seen the New Technic sets availaible here in Europe, the online LEGO shop for Europe is down (all the price 0.0 - all sets "not available"). No warning messages on the site. No news send to customers in the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) Surely you include LEGO's new "Lil' Pirates" line, or whatever it's called, in your critique? One of the new Pirates Jr. ships has only 140 pieces. (...) You're showing your age, Kirby! I don't think that multi-hued pics and graphics bother (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) Just for reference, the Dragon Eggs sets are marketed as what they are--a Dragon figure in an egg, with no claims of included bricks. The Dragons typically have a four-stud arrangement on their backs to accommodate a seated minifig. Other sets (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: MegaBloks

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Noeckel wrote: snip (...) According to Jake, Vikings will be available from Shop at Home in North America. These sets just became available on many European SAH's and will probably be at US SAH soon. I do agree that not (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) I agree, the dragons themselves are, well, sculptured giant-figs. They aren't bricks. (...) Well, MB hasn't figured out more isn't better for the palette. Instead of having a global palette with, say, two dozen colors in it (which LEGO even (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) Eh, I don't like the Dragon product line. The occasional special piece in a kit is great (Bionicle pushes the limits of good taste, but doesn't break them), the Dragon line is hard to be considered bricks at all. From what I've seen, there are (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahh, the old times...

(...) While I hope they do continue older product lines, I am a big fan of the mindstorms, the Spybotics, the Bionacle manas. I have found uses for some of the most obscure peices, and if you take a look at the lugnet mecha forum, you will some othe (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) I personally don't know - but Lugnet DOES have a forum for discussing Megabloks and other clone brands: (URL) . You'll probably get more information there. -Lenny :followups to o-t.clone-brands (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks

I'll admit that Megabloks look really cool on the shelf. But I have to question a really cool looking Pirate ship or castle w/ dragon when there's only a hundred pcs or so. I look at the boxes and see a LOT of juniorization. And talk about color (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  MegaBloks

!Hey guys, _MegaBloks_ Yup, that's right... i'm using the 'MB' word! ...lol Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask, but… does MegaBloks have an open forum for their product lines like Lego does with this here fan-site ‘Lugnet’... What i mean to say (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

  Ahh, the old times...

Dear LEGO, When I was a kid, I remembered how LEGO toys were apart of a modular toy system. Town, for example, had a complementary set of vehicles and sets, focusing on emergency services (such as police, firemen, ambulance/hospital, etc) and on (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Mindstorms storm runner game

Dear Lego, I really enjoyed this game on the mindstorms part of the Lego website. And although it is now a few years old, it is still a good game, and does get kids into programming. Could you fix it so it still works, and make sure the web inks (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: PaB Selection

(...) I'd love that as well. Actually, if it was possible add a "bulk, disordered PaB" (what the old grab bags were filled from would be great... well, for me anyway). (...) I suspect to expand *access* - the new PaB design makes it much *MUCH* (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  PaB Selection

Dear Lego, Please improve the variety in the Orlando PaB selections. I have stopped in several times since the grand re-opening. Each time, I have found a number of bins that are duplicates (triplicates?) of each other. What was the point of (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO USB IR Tower Driver Update

(...) Hi John, You may want to try this link instead: (URL) also uploaded the zip file to my own server: (URL) yes, RIS now works fine on my Pentium 4 / XP machine. Hope this helps. Paul van Buuren (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) Well - just ordered one from S@H Canada. $70 CAD which is quite a bit better (after conversion) than the 50 Euro price I heard from the initial information Supposedly shipping by June 30, but my experience is usually they ship sooner. Cheers. (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) not really. The masterbuilders use glue for their skulptures and masterpieces. I think the glue was to make sure the gameboard didn't break into pieces if the <child> dropped it. (its allegedly supposed to be travel worthy) ;) Ben M. (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) This is wonderful news. Thank you LEGO! :) -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) website is: The chess board is glued; the minifigs are not. Also, Jake says the Chess set will be available here in North America. Ken (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact