 Dear LEGO / 5229
Re: Train part suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:25:20 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, patrick flaherty wrote:
Hi,

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:
Dear Lego,

     While watching my son put his train on the track I thought it would
be great if LEGO made a level crossing that aligned the train on the
track. When I was young (30 years ago), I had one for my HO scale
trains, and I loved it. You could roll a train over the crossing, and
all of the wheels would fall into place on the track.
     In addition to being a a great part to include in a starter train
set, it would make any level crossing set that much more desiralbe. I
would definately buy one for my son, and one for me (I am a big LEGO
train fan too). I think that other LEGO train fans would find a this
part useful too.

I think it would be a GREAT part. Note that Rick Clark has devised such a thing
(and quite a clever design it is, too) from readily available parts:

and

My son has this problem and the link above look very helpful.  'Readily
available parts'?  Are these lego parts (that I see in the picture)?  If so,
could you provide part numbers.  If not, how do I acquire what's needed?

Well Brickshelf is currently down so I can't check, but from memory it was this
part http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2636

HTH

ROSCO