 Dear LEGO / 505
Re: Three Cheers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 15:00:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
[Crossposted to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, and
lugnet.announce; followups to lugnet.dear-lego]

All,

This is a rally for everyone to give a round of applause to the LEGO Group
for its unprecedented overture this past week.  Several very important and
wonderful things have just happened!

+ Direct participation in LUGNET newsgroups by a LEGO manager
+ Recognition of the existence of an adult LEGO Users Group (NELUG)
+ Recognition of a third-party software system (NQC)
+ Recognition of the adult robotics-hacker/hobbyist subcommunity

<snip lots of detailed information>

This trully is an incredible first start for the LEGO Group in the recognition
of the Adult LEGO community.  While I am not currently into robotics I do plan
on purchasing a RIS system soon and this only encourages me more.

It may take more time before the LEGO Group acknowedges us (AFOLS) in other
LEGO "Mediums" it is at least a start and if it is encouraged and treated with
professionalism from us (I know it will) eventually it may lead to active
participation from other divisions within LEGO.

So three chears for a great start from LEGO and heres to more participation
from the entire LEGO company in the future.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/