 Dear LEGO / 502
501  |  503
Subject:
Finger claps for TLG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 11:50:45 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote

This is a rally for everyone to give a round of applause to the LEGO Group
for its unprecedented overture this past week.  Several very important and
wonderful things have just happened!

I encourage anyone who is excited by this news to post a message.

On the one hand, I'm not a mindstorms kind of guy, and am a bit concerned
that the overtures are a lot to do with the focus of that particular product
line.

On the other hand, I've got the venerable Todd telling me this is a good
thing (etc) and I've never known Todd to lead one astray, and I've got the
fact that the current position for we Pirate AFOLs is the kind of position
from which one can only look up.

On balance, finger claps for TLG.

I expect you (TLG) will find that interaction with AFOLs can only improve
the product.

None of us expect that all our fondest dreams can come true - alright some
do but we can talk them down :-)

I'm reminded of William Shatner many years ago suggesting in a talk show
interview that Star Trek fans should get a life.  That's how some of us feel
about TLGs attitude to us. Shatner was a silly boy.  Paramount has learned
that there is a ton of money to be had in keeping people involved, and
listening (even if you go on to ignore much of what you hear).

And almost any situation is improved by better information.

Any time you want to talk about themes, Pirates, Adventurers or
juniorisation, you can find me by email, or at Port Block.

Umm, before you talk to me, smart money would talk to Todd.  Hey - smart
money would probably make him an offer to become a consultant, and pay him
the running costs for Lugnet!

But what do I know, eh? I'm just a Chartered Accountant who's spent most of
his life helping companies improve their lot and make more money ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/