 Dear LEGO / 4772
Re: Weekly Update of New AuctionBrick Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 18:28:04 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:Hy2oyM.yyy@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.market.auction, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:
This is the weekly update of new items listed at AuctionBrick.com as of
Thu May 20, 02:49 PM PST.   To bid, register or view details of any • item,
go to www.auctionbrick.com::

10152 Lego Maersk Sealand 10152 Container Ship NEW SUPER RARE  - MISB
Current Bid: $200.00, Time Left: 11 Days 7 Hrs+

http://www.auctionbrick.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=cat10&item=1086072361

10152 Lego Maersk Sealand 10152 Container Ship NEW SUPER RARE  - MISB
Current Bid: $200.00, Time Left: 11 Days 7 Hrs+

http://www.auctionbrick.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.pl?category=cat10&item=1086072371

it was bad enough when this seller was selling onesies twosies on eBay... • but
200 copies? at 200 each? With no mention that you can just ring up S@H and • get
it yourself? Not very community friendly.

Dear LEGO,

If you want us to respect the capacity constraints you placed on this set • and
not try to circumvent them, please make sure that this seller is either an
authorised reseller of yours (and let us know that to avoid confusion) or
enforce the capacity controls against them as well.

200 copies is a bit much to stomach when you singled out Troy (who, by the • way,
only buys stuff when it's on clearance or when you yourself are willing to • sell
it to him in large quantities) the way you did in your announcement post. • You're
fingering the wrong leech, er, person.

Figure out the delivery addresses he's using and shut him down, that would • be my
advice.

While it's true that some feel it's the duty of sellers to separate • suckers from
their money, I'd prefer you not enabling that.

Thanks.

Hmmm - perhaps there's another angle to this?

I noticed when he had a single item listed on eBay, some people were
hijacking his auction by using newly registered accounts to bid high (with I
assume no intention to pay).
Maybe (and I have no evidence here - just pondering), he doesn't actually
have 200 of these sets, but has listed so many as a dutch auction to make it
harder for people to ruin the bidding? This way it would take 200 fake
bidders before the price rose to an artificial amount. The fact that he has
started the bidding at $200 wheras on eBay he started it at a penny kind of
further supports this.

Personally I don't believe he has 200 of them. 20 or 30 maybe.
Either way, I think this seller is showing his true colors and is possibly
going to spoil future limited releases for the rest of us. It's all very
well 'bending' the rules a little to get a few more than you should, but
claiming to have 200 - that's just not cricket!!

Richard.