 Dear LEGO / 4633
Re: The Knight Bus has arrived... but it's not all good news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:35:50 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gregory Muri wrote:
I wonder how much it costs them to assemble a focus group that will say a
quality reduction is exactly what they would buy!  This is absolutely
ridiculous.  There are so many different colors in the Lego color pallete
that it is absurd to think that even kids would get bored with them.  What
kids and adults get bored with is the fact that some of the new and
different colors are next to impossible to use in the limited quantites they
are available.

"Bigboote predicts that casual LEGO "maniacs" and collectors alike will
purchase multiple copies, if not
dozens, of the same set, in order to build the model in a single color."
So, this is the approach Lego has to take to get the sales numbers up.  If
we keep the colors ramdom then people will be forced to buy lots more sets
if they hope to use the colors we decide to release.  What a low down
business practice this is.  With every new press release that comes out of
these people I get closer and closer to dumping Lego all together.

A completely and thouroughly disgusted customer!

Greg
Greg,
You missed the words
"DISCLAIMER: The above is a parody. It is not true. I made it up."
I shudder to think what craziness is going to be posted on April 1st  :)
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)