 Dear LEGO / 4612
Re: repeat of set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:19:13 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Martin Bruun wrote:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
why did Lego make a repeat of set 4098 high flyers, with the new 7212 sky squad?
I'm not complaining, as high fliers was one of my favorite designer sets; so
more of the same is great.  actually i still play with that set alone (it's so
fantastic by itself, i don't wanna mix it with my other pieces!)  I was just
curious as to why a you made a new set with an extremely similar number & type
of pieces, colors, and even very similar featured models!  it's just odd.

Jeff

But, 7212 is not a new set, it came out at about the same time as 4098.

They are very similar, but 7212 was originally an airline exclusive. The
previous airline exclusives, have AFAIK all been smaller sets so there must be
some reason for that. The fliers theme is an obvious choice for such a set and
Lego could cut a corner by using some of the designs in both sets. They did
however make the color scheme different. The "main" model from 7212 has inverted
colors compared to the main model from 4098.

Now, Lego has probably found that thay had too many 7212s in stock and have
therefore chosen to make them available at S@H on some markets.

Martin

oh, thanks!  I didn't know it was an exclusive, I just saw it in the USA shop at
home catalog & the recent official pictures releases & wondered what was going
on.  again, thanks!

Jeff