 Dear LEGO / 4543
Re: Has the 4400 tub been discontinued?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:25:14 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Bryan Kinkel wrote:
Has the 4400 tub been discontinued? I have yet to see it stocked at Toys R
Us. And I hesitate to pay the inflated $22.00 at KB Toys.

Yet FBTB has a posting saying Lego said it was discontinued:

http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm15.showMessage?topicID=523.topic

Has anyone else had a confirmation of this?

Besides KB Toys, where else can you pick up this excellent tub? I got my
single tub at Boscov's (Media, PA) but it has not resurfaced there.

Bryan

It was a very limited-release product...I think the going theory is that Lego
was trying to get rid of excess inventory, hence the bizarre (yet wonderful)
blend of odd parts, a lot of them one or two per tub.  S@H received only a few,
and had the 4400 up for sale for maybe one day...it was quickly marked as
discontinued.  Boscov's received only a few as well, and sold out quickly.  And
I've NEVER seen it at any store in Austin, Texas.  So if you see it for $22 and
really want it, get it...you won't find it cheaper at this point, especially on
Bricklink/Ebay.

Doug