 Dear LEGO / 4542 (-5)
  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Okay, then when LEGO said they would be dropping their electronics and movie tie in products, exactly what did they mean by "electronics" then? Mindstorms has been, afaik, LEGO's chief electronic product recently. We have two apparently (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Dear John, Have you seen Jake McKee's statement? "... Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all technology products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as consumers gain new technology knowledge and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Has the 4400 tub been discontinued?

Has the 4400 tub been discontinued? I have yet to see it stocked at Toys R Us. And I hesitate to pay the inflated $22.00 at KB Toys. Yet FBTB has a posting saying Lego said it was discontinued: (URL) anyone else had a confirmation of this? Besides (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

I wrote Michael Anderson (firmware guru at TLC) expressing my concerns about the future of Mindstorms based on the recent press regarding TLC's financial woes. I asked him if he could reassure me. He said, "there are some very interesting projects (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) If TLC is trying to control costs and return to profitability, they will want to cut products that have a bad profit margin for them. This would likely include Star Wars and Harry Potter on the basis of licensing fees and specialized part (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact