 Dear LEGO / 4512 (-20)
  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) A number of years back (4 maybe), I was sorting some basic bricks from 3033 tubs and I noticed the different subtle shades of yellow. Certain bricks seemed to be more primary yellow (whatever that is) and some seemed to be slightly more red. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) Now that I have built the model (highly recommended BTW), I must confess that the color difference is almost invisible to the unwarned eye. You see it best under fluorescent light that give a slightly greenish tint to the old yellow color... (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

Try putting the pneumatic airtank next to another blue brick and see what happens :) Did not someone report that the hubs in that set appeared to be made out of some other plastic then ABS? (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) There have always been some variation in colors. I have seen several hues of standard red, yellow, blue and white in new sets. Sofar it has meant nothing! Martin (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) OK. did you check the color against many older parts? (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) I don't think it is the case here, since two different kind of parts have exactly the same hue. And with a dirty nozzle you usually don't get an homogeneous color. Here parts have a very nice yellow color - but different from other parts in (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) Wow. Yellow? I will be interested whether this is just another dirty nozzle or consistent new hue. Dirty nozzle means not pure yellow--my yellows are greenish, like they were made immediately after a blue run. Two bad shades came in the same (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Two new colours shouldnt be a big issue for sorting. If you are keen eyed, it'll be easy, and if not, then you won't care about the difference. (...) You will be able to figure this out simply by referring to the date of the set. Also, Lugnet, (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Yellow blues...

A new basic color seems to have been hit by the "color shift syndrom": yellow. When I opened my brand new (URL) 8455 Backhoe Loader>, I noticed that some parts ((URL) RC Race Buggy'> and (URL) 'Technic Liftarm 1 x 7 Bent'>) had a slightly darker, (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: official color reference?

(...) Right, those references are great. I just thought it would be ideal to have an actual physical color reference, in ABS, like I'm sure the master builders have. It's something I would find awefully handy, but maybe others wouldn't. (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: official color reference?

(...) There a number of color charts floating around. Here are links to two at peeron. There are others (as the first peeron chart notes). Peeron color and x-ref chart... (URL) provided to peeron by LEGO and believed to be the current active list of (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  official color reference?

With all this talk about new colors and the recent release of the official color palette from Lego now seems to be a perfect opportunity for Lego to release an official color reference. One of the major problems I see with the new colors is that (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why I support LEGO through thick and thin.

In lugnet.dear-lego, Nathan Wells wrote a lot which was snipped: (...) I do NOT believe that AFOLS only constitute 5 percent of Lego product sales. This is one statistic that I will never believe. IMO, it is much higher--as high as 15 percent (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Question about AC Nielsen surveys

Hello, I was able to purchase the four new MINI Star Wars sets at my local Toys R Us today. In the back of two of the instruction booklets there is a website address for a LEGO satisfaction survey. The first step of the survey is to enter the four- (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I am not happy about the new colors and I'm sure my message will get lost in the fray, but I just have to reply. Jeff makes a point that if kids don't think LEGO is superior, they won't become adults that buy LEGO for their kids. Let's take (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Lego now making Mega Bloks colors (was Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match...)

(...) blocks is: (...) ~1960) to build something. The 'modern' bricks I have are much better. I *did* like the effect, though, when I built a roof with a mix of old, slightly curved, CA slopes, and modern bricks. It looked more 'live'. -- Anders (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Petition against permanent color changes

Add me to the list of people not-so-happy with a possible replacemnt of grays. (...) Jeff Reuland, 47 (wow, 47!) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dark Gray Track

Actually, I suspect it will simply be a swap-over (i.e. pour new dk grey into the mould instead of old dk grey) and any thought of actual changes to the trains line is probobly not on the cards :( (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Dark Gray Track

(...) and hopefully to a more sensible geometry ? (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Why I support LEGO through thick and thin.

To everyone at LUGNET and LEGO, I want to say this: I was first introduced to LEGO when I was five. My family and I were going on a long road trip and my parents bought me LEGO set #565 5+ Build-N-Store Chest to keep me occupied during the long (...) (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact