 Dear LEGO / 4472 (-5)
  Re: more photos of new colors

(...) After going though my buttloads of light grey I recognize my "very old" light grey (the "engine oil" shown) from my "current" ones bought in new condition (SAH, BL, sets) the last decade or so. That light grey plate ("new" version) looks much (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Real Reason Why LEGO Is So Popular

(...) Day..." At least, that's from the '70's... If there was a slogan before that, I don't know it :) I seem to recall commercials, and there's a tune to it, but I don't remember the rest... Dave K (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Not that kids can't put them together, but to make it easier--just like holes in the minifig heads made them easier to pull off and slots in the technic pins made them easier to pull out. Making a change to make something easier for the user (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I am no expert on this aspect, but I don't think the logic is that sound here. I recall an article in a train magazine noting the 'graying' of the hobby. They worried that the average age of subscriber was like 56yrs old. I don't think (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

Aside from the perspectives already mentioned, two other issues worry me: 1 Replacing or augmenting existing colors with slightly different colors will cause confusion and bad publicity. - We will have a harder time sorting out pieces and need more (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact