 Dear LEGO / 4452 (-5)
  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Color me.. disappointed. I think it's kind of entertaining that several folks have counseled either a 'wait and see' approach or that they personally were just going to sit back and see how it pans out. Honestly, what choice do we have? TLC (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Lego has CONSTANTLY been perfecting the designs of pieces. Witness the hole in the minifig head; the slots in the sides of the Technic pin; etc., etc., etc. The camfering is another step in the ongoing development of product, though for what (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Cynthia, this is almost certainly aging. Any collection of gray bricks going that far back will have variations from contact with UV light. (I have not checked vs unopened sets.) White bricks are the worst agers. There is also such a thing as (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

I just bought the 2004 Mos Eisley Cantina this afternoon (#4501), and was disappointed to find that this set also has the new off colors. It wasn't just the 2 grays either; brown is a lighter shade now. The dark red, verdigris (sometimes called (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Well, I have no problem with those that build in whatever way they choose at all -- in my view, playing and building is the point of it all. I think we're on the same page there. I also don't have a problem with additions to the color line, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact