 Dear LEGO / 4442 (-10)
  How close is too close? (was: Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!)

(...) I really don't like the new dark grey very much, and I finally figured out why. Well, there are a few reasons, one of course relating to the fact that I've become a bit notorious for my consumption of that particular color. But it's a bit more (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  New Snowspeeder uses new grays (was: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!)

(...) To your average 8 year olds? (...) I think that's your decision. I picked up the new Snowspeeder today. It uses the new grays (both of them). I think the new dark gray is a fantastic color. (...) No worries. They will be widely available in (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) replying to myself.. the new gray is not very earthy. I tried to add the 2x2 tiles to a landscape which has a lot of gray. The new gray looks very antiseptic. How appropriate for a Star Destroyer. It looks like the float on newly poured (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) With all the new coloring products coming on the market, it would be strange if Lego could not get exactly what it wanted in a color. Having played with them now, I think the new colors are great. (...) Having purchased said SW minis, I did (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Deep breath, count to 10. Was: Fwd from a builder

Relax, then rush out and get some of these new colors, and look at them side by side with your old colors. The grays are different. I like them. There is no chance I will confuse them when they are mixed with the old. Remember the excitement when (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: The Real Reason Why LEGO Is So Popular

(...) Actually that wasn't me that said it but a someone from the semi-recent film 'Gods and Generals'. Glad you like it, though. :) (...) Oops, yes, of course. Don't know what I was thinking. I only remembered California and Billund. Thanks for the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Real Reason Why LEGO Is So Popular

(...) Thank you, and you're welcome. I haven't gotten any response on it the other place I posted it so I'm glad to get some feedback here. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) ~Mike (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Two questions: a) At what point in history did LEGO bricks become so difficult to assemble that a fundamental change was required to the very mechanism upon which this construction system was based? b) If you are already having difficulties (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) That's my guess about what's happening. Chamfering would make parts somewhat easier to assemble (just like in carpentry, the dowels for a dowel joint are chamfered for easier insertion) at a cost of some gripping. I'll have to buy some of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:HoF20M.21xM@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ...] (...) then see (...) Good points. I decided to go to TRU and buy the 4492 to see what all of the fuss was about. There is no doubt that the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact