 Dear LEGO / 4432 (-10)
  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I have 3 of the new Star Wars Mini sets (Mini ISD, AT-TE, and Imperial Shuttle), and they have the 'different' grey. The new X-Wing, though, has the 'old' grey. (...) So far, it appears to be the Star Wars sets. (...) I did 3, and others on (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I did some goolging and found this interesting page. (URL) LEGO has been spending serious bucks into the plastics recycling business. Now, the way I see it, if LEGO is putting all this money into this then I'd think they did some serious (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Deep breath, count to 10. Was: Fwd from a builder

(...) even if its true that the greys are being changed, this is not the first time or the last during Lego's long heritage of producing building blocks that a change has been made. I would imagine that if the internet had been around when they (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: The Real Reason Why LEGO Is So Popular

(...) Right on brother. The mighty Brick Shaman went on to say: "Do it fast, do it slow, do it lovely, do it ugly - it's all the same to me." is the centre of LEGO!* M. Thorn Sweetness. However I woudn't be your bro if I didn't hook you up on this (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Everyone should take a deep deep breath and answer the following questions... How many sets have these 'new' colors been seen in ? How many themes have these 'new' colors been seen in ? How many 2004 sets have been examined to determine if (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I wonder if some of the older dyes have become either unobtainable or have been outlawed in Europe. Some of the older dyes, even food colourings, are now deemed harmful. TLC may not have any choice in the matter. As far as rounded edges on (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I kinda agree. A slight variation in color will make things look beter. Mechs, for instance, will look dirtier if two different shades are used. And it will add to "brick" effects on buildings. But, over all, I like the old stuff better. It (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) 2 words: Coke II. But I doubt it is that drastic. As for clutch, I don't think they would have done anything major without hordes of focus groups expressing their joy at how much easier it is to disconnect two plates. For some adults that's (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

I havent even seen the new colors i life, but.... IS this is really true LEGO SHAME ON YOU. CORE colors in ANY SPACE set change. How could you? Building with Lego will never be the same again. I was so much looking forward to the new 2004 line. Now (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) We both know that the grays do not fare well with time-- they yellow, and many times older grays look crappy anyway. In the same vein, I would never build with white from the 70's. (...) We must consider the possibility that the apparent (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact