 Dear LEGO / 4422 (-20)
  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Pic snipped; see original post. (...) This is in actuality, NOT a 'dear lego' letter as it is a COMMAND to Lego: If this cheaper quality is the new standard, I, as a Customer who is absolutely correct in this matter, ORDER you to cease & (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

richard marchetti wrote in message ... (...) building. (...) bricks (...) be (...) OVER! I think this is crucial. IF it's really so that there will be not-quite-matching replacements for some of the standard colors, and IF the new stud design is (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

Three things: 1. I don't think anyone objects to additional colors, they object to color replacement with a different colors. 2. You might well be in a minority in not minding a mottled look to your MOCs, I think many others would be more than (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: The Real Reason Why LEGO Is So Popular

(...) enjoyable to read even as it drives the point home. Thanks for sharing that. >> Mark (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) One idea did pop to mind: What if we have a batch of "lemons" here? Maybe it's just some bad bricks that slipped through the system. We've seen elements of poor quality gone to market before; remember the first batch "hydrolic" cylinders that (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

I think it's fine if LEGO wants to ADD more colors to their spectrum, but REPLACING colors is a bad idea; especially staple colors like light and dark gray. Those 2 colors are heavily used by everyone--space, town, castle--we all need gray. I'm (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Well, if it's true about the connections being weaker, I'd say that's bad news. But in all honesty, as a town building and landscape builder, I welcome a slight color variation! Mix up all of those color variations and you have buildings and (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  The Real Reason Why LEGO Is So Popular

I waxed philosophical this morning and wrote this piece in a fit of passionate loyalty to LEGO. It hit me like a flash of inspiration two days ago and I felt I had to write it down. I thought you all might like to read it. Comments enjoyed but not (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Just a thought with no evidence to back it up, but.... Assuming that this is not simply an error, like bent cypress trees or low-quality train wheelsets, could there be a technical reason? One reason that occurs to me is the colourfastness of (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Thanks for the scan. Bad news to say the least. :( I'm crossing my fingers that it's all a bad mistake and the bulk of 2004 sets won't be plagued by this. If Lego truly wants to get rid of colors that have been in production for ~25 years, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Further more, the studs are rounded, making (...) Yes, working on a machine shop floor it looks as the NEWER 2004 plate/s is of a different mold note the chamfered edges of the stud the reason for this and I must say firstly that I Have very (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Dunno, but does have me wondering how this change plays vis-a-vis the light and dark gray elements in the 4400 tubs that just hit the street. There are 50-ish lt-gray 2x2 bricks per tub. Is Lego dumping old-color parts ? Will these continue as (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Yeah, this is bad juju. Nobody wants grey elements that don't match with light and dark grey as we have known them. I don't necessarily mind additions to the color scheme as we know it, but to eliminate the greys is just madness. I don't even (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Sorry, Josh, but it's not. The discoloring effect does happen in odd environments, but not like this. I noticed the "bluing" in the dark grey when I bought the Star Destroyer the other day; I initially wondered if it was the light, but yester- (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

Looks like The Lego Group is finally cutting corners (literally) in order to compete with cheap clone brands. Is this the end of good-quality Lego?, or is this merely a bad batch of product? -HRH (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) I disagree. I took a look at my Mini Star Destroyer and noticed the blue tinge to the dark grey, but initially thought it was the light of the room. But the color is quiet different, and I can pretty much say that I don't smoke, and neither (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

Josh..in my house NO ONE SMOKES and I have noticed some 6 months ago that when you put alot of dark gray tiles together they do not match( I used a large number on that pepsi building roof edge and a ton on that road in my flatiron block) This is (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) Okay.... what happened? Did Lego hire fired workers from clone brands like MegaBloks, Best Lock? This is really sad..... I think each of us should start making emails and letters expressing our concerns as loyal Lego customers. (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) As I replied ON BL, i still think this is attributed to either light or air quality. The old peices have what i consider "Smokers tinge", my peices from my youth have simlar discoloring, and my father smokes... I think its the tar in the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!

(...) (re-posting from BL) Hmm... The prophecy is coming true.... I was wondering when this would be made public and if it would be made public. !!start warning!! I do not know the full story behind the pictures (like what sets they came from, etc) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact