 Dear LEGO / 4178
Re: Happy birthday, Minifig!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:10:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin McMillin writes:

It would be great to see LEGO make a minifigure pack...say about $30...that
included one minifigure from each year from 1978 to 2003.  It's too bad LEGO
may not have many of the molds left...however, with the release of 10041
perhaps LEGO does still have many minifig molds from pre-1980.  It could be
in celebration of 25 years, like the 1200 piece spinoffs of 3033 with silver
bricks.

Hi Kevin,

Your idea of a minifig pack, "special 25th anniversary edition" sounds nice.
I just don't understand why you think LEGO needs older molds... the minifig
has remained basically the same ever since it was launched, with minor
changes that are hardly noticeable to the regular buyer. The current molds
could be used for the job.
The printings may be harder to do, though; perhaps LEGO might use stickers
like they used to do back in '78... only this time in translucid stickers,
instead of opaque ones. That'd be cool.

Pedro