 Dear LEGO / 3895
3894  |  3896
Subject:
Technic I.M.S.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:12:54 GMT

Dear Lego....

How about a line of interconnecting I.S.S. (Internat'l Space Station)
Technic sets?  There's going to be dozens of interconnecting parts of the
ISS eventually...I'm sure collectors would love to buy every part and make
their own ISS in the their living room.  Could make 'em in scale with the
old 8480 Technic Space Shuttle...the finished ISS would be a MONSTER.

Lego could offer a redesigned (and perhaps smaller-scaled) Technic Space
Shuttle set, with a newly designed cargo bay that would work with any of the
various IMS payload sets.  These sets could range from $10 or so for little
"joining hubs," to full-on $100 solar-array monsters.

They could instead release smaller, mini-figure scale IMS sets, too.
But...the little individual (and technically obscure) IMS sets would
probably be boring for the 6-12 year old demographic (perhaps unless they
each came with an astronaut).

--Dave (jot and jab)