 Dear LEGO / 385
Re: Custom sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:55:06 GMT

Make mine 20 DV's and 20 Rebel Pilots.

Scott Sanburn

Arjan Brugman wrote:

Jason Brown <jmbrown@mines.edu> wrote in article
<37726792.3A3255C2@mines.edu>...
I think that The LEGO Group should let you use a santioned LEGO "Cad"
program to comstruct a model, and then order those pieces as a "set".
Basically they'd just polybag and ship them.  Advantages to us: We can
get any pieces we want, in any color.  Disadvantages: would cost a bit
more than normal sets.  Advantages to LEGO: um, customer loyalty?  Might
be able to make a tidy profit off of them, even if they sell a few...
Disadvantages: probably expensive.  :)  Also, they should have a
"classic" line where they release one or two older sets a year, ones
that where (or are) popular.

Excellent idea!

I'd like to order a model consisting of one grey
16x16 baseplate and 10 Darth Vader minifigs.  :)
--
Arjan Brugman

abrugman@casema.net