 Dear LEGO / 381
  Custom sets...

I think that The LEGO Group should let you use a santioned LEGO "Cad" program to comstruct a model, and then order those pieces as a "set". Basically they'd just polybag and ship them. Advantages to us: We can get any pieces we want, in any color. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)