 Dear LEGO / 3767 (-5)
  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Personally, I dont think going back that far is a good idea. My picks for examples of great small technic sets: (being a technic fan, all of these would be sets I would consider buying either for the set or for parts) 8808 F1 Racer 8810 Cafe (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I wasn't really suggesting it for the LEGENDS series, but rather presenting it as an example of a small scale, small piece count Technic set that could retail for less than $120. Way way less than $120. (...) Of course it's blocky.... it's (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I agree. I'm one of the one's complaining that they release so many vehicle-related sets. But the quality of design has fallen dramatically over the years, there's little doubt. So maybe they'd do better getting back to vehicles. :) (...) But (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I wouldn't go THAT far but let's just say it's not a set that I see a strong need to bring back. Not hardly. It's blocky, it doesn't have a lot of neat features, etc. Now if you want to talk about a set from that era that was good, how about (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Really? The demand to release sets that weren't exclsively vehicles has existed for quite a while now. It's nice to see them finally taking notice and giving the fans what they want-FEWER VEHICLES. (...) Simple. They have to suffer just like (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact