 Dear LEGO / 3721
Re: 4582 Red Bullet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 02:22:23 GMT

Benjamin --

I agree -- the hard plastic integrated tire/axlehole things do not
represent Lego's finest hour. They're just cheesy, the kind of thing
you'd expect to find on some $.99 Rite Aid toy. Aesthetics aside, I
haven't yet found a surface where they have reasonable traction. Maybe
on rubber?

I immediately went to another set to get a 6014b/6015 combo when playing
with the alternate models.

What, would TLC have to have raised the price of the set a nickel to
give real rubber tires? I'd have paid it.

What were they thinking?

-Steve

Benjamin Medinets wrote:

hey steve,

thanks for your efforts on the inventory....

2      41684           Black   Tyre Wide Hard Plastic with Notched Axlehole    2 extra

useless parts if you ask me...

I was very upset that this set came with these...

it brings juniorization to a whole new low!!

loved the red tires, and wished it came with a set of large tires with
red rims, just like the green set did...that was truly great.
Don't really care for the wind-up motors in a design context, but they
are fun to play with in general!!

Benjamin Medinets