 Dear LEGO / 334
Re: More train service packs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 15:16:03 GMT

David Zonker Harris wrote:

  I like what you offer now, and I've bought a fair number of
almost all of the packs! ;-)

  However, I've been after LEGO train stuff for 5 years now, and
I've been looking at the LEGO trains for 3 years before that. In
that whole period of time, I haven't seen:

  Boxcar doors (early or later doors, and slide rails)
  Train cab (decorated 1x4 control panel tiles, 6-stud-wide windshields)
  Train doors and windows (as in the Metroliner kits)
  Train elements (pantographs, metroliner roof elements, cabin parts)
  Train stickers set! (the <-o->, timetables, mail and phone symbols)
  Train People  (conductors, workers, engineers uniforms and elements)

  I'd love to discuss a few ideas, if the Service Pack folks are open
to a couple suggestions. Where could postal letters be sent, to try to
provide LEGO with a few more specifics? (Consumer affairs?)

        -Z-     http://baylug.org/zonker/ZTrajnoj.html

Ya know, I've always noticed that in Germany (and probably northern Europe)
there were a lot of train service packs available at Toy retailers.  They
would have them either hanging from stands, or in a big box underneath the
LEGO displays.  Back in the 80's and early 90's, I purchased a lot of
specialty pieces (fences, 2x2 cylinder bricks, etc) from these train service
packs available at the retailers.  They don't have these in the USA at
retailers.  And the European train service packs have always had a greater
variety of available parts.

Gary Istok