 Dear LEGO / 3197
Re: A Tweak to the Lego Legends Idea - Inovation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 9 Jun 2001 03:55:59 GMT

677 is not a THEME, it's simply a neat Minifig Pack.

"Brett A. Antaya" wrote:

Greetings All !

  I believe the new Legends line is only scratching the surface when it
comes to all around potential for bringing back the 'good ole days'. The
Guarded Inn is a perfect example but is re-issueing it the only way to bring
what fans of Lego love back to the marketplace? There are reasons the 6067
is so popular so why not discover those reasons (which I believe you have)
and re-create / expand on those reasons to come up with an entirely new set
that embraces 1)sought after (rare) parts 2) Kit concept / design 3) popular
mini-fig styles. If not a whole new kit imagine the popularity of a 'My Own
Guarded Inn' - I'd much rather have tudor corner walls in yellow or tan :)

  Another example would be the 677 Knights Procession - the theme seems so
incomplete ... were they really manufactured to wander aimlessly forever &
alone? Under the guidelines Brad Justus gave us the 677 would never be
re-issued because it has little to do with building yet it is very popular!
Would it be an awful idea to create a new kit that would include a few
minifigs from 677 and possibly gave the procession a mission in life as
well? The Knights Watering Spot! The Knights Bath House! The Knights Keep!
Etc etc.

  I apologize for not being as concise as I had hoped to be, I hope I made
my point.

Brett Antaya

PS The 383 has my vote for the next re-issued castle set;)

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/