 Dear LEGO / 2792
2791  |  2793
Subject:
My best day yet at shop.lego.com...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:50:26 GMT

Sorry but that isn't saying much.  All that means is I finally was able to take
an order to completion.  Even so some of the fun today included...

1. My browser dieing twice.
2. Pages that are excrutiatingly long to load.
3. Items that don't seem to be sorted with any sense or reason.
4. No check box to let you use the same address for billing and shipping.
5. Reentering my password at least 5 times.

Again that was a good day.  Every other time I have tried I have given up and
from now on it is back to calling S@H until I hear that shop.lego.com has been
improved.  Among those improvements are...

1.  Improve performance.
2.  Index parts better.  Speaking from just the bulk ordering pages things are
not ordered with any reason.  For example 2x4 bricks are spread over 3 pages
(1,2,and 4) with lots of other parts inbetween.  Things should be indexed by
part type and by size (where appropriate).  Have a brick catagory, Window and
Door catagory, plant life catagory etc.  Heck bulk ordering is just getting
started and it is already a teadious process to find the parts you want
on-line.
3.  Streamline the checkout process.

At the moment this has to be one of the worst E-commerce sites I have seen.  My
suggestion would be to hire some of the E-Toys folks that are going to be
looking for jobs in the near future.  Their site is one of the best E-commerce
sites around and it is not the reason for E-toys demise.  E-toys' problem was
in order fulfillment which I think LEGO has a much better grasp of.

Eric Kingsley