 Dear LEGO / 2724
Re: Instructions for lego sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:03:25 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Yvonne Doyle writes:
Dear Lego,

I would be very interested in buying instructions for many
of the older sets I have, some of these are from as much as 20
years ago .. some only a year or 2.

Is there any way the Lego company would consider re-printing
instructions ?  I think there would be a huge market for this.
In particular for localised promotion sets ... where very few
were made so most of us never have the chance to get these,
I would be very happy to just buy the instructions and try to
build the sets from spare parts.
As the instructions are already existing - there would be
very little expenditure on research and development.
Another possibility to further this would be the sale of
the necessary decals / stickers for the sets - as these always get
worn or lost over time.

If you made available the instructions for sets such as the old grey
Maersk truck or the airline sets 2531,1772,1773,1774,1973 ...
many of the lego collecting community would be interested I am sure.

regards
Yvonne
(from Ireland)
You don't have to buy the instructions for some of these. Some are available
to download for free on brickshelf; http//www.brickshelf.com  . The old the
set is, the more likely you will find instructions there. Brickshelf will
not put up scans from fans for anything that is 2 or less years old. The
real determiner is the question of whether or not the set in question is
still current/circulating in the Lego sales stock.

I hope this helps some.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****