 Dear LEGO / 253
Re: Modulex Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 13:45:33 GMT

Beth Reiten wrote:

Thomas Main wrote:

I recently bought a Lego collection that contained two Modulex bricks
[deleted text]

What are/is a Modulex brick?  People just coming out of a 18 year Dark Age
want to know!

Modulex was a company started by the Lego company in Denmark (I believe
they are in the same town) in the early '60s.  As far as I know, Lego
still is heavily invested in this company.  Modulex made products for
architects, including scaled-down Lego bricks.  The idea was that
architects could use these bricks to model their designs in 3-D.  They
weren't made for long, though and now Modulex makes architectural
quality signs.  The modulex bricks are exactly like Lego bricks - the
ones I have even have LEGO printed on each stud - except they are much
smaller.  The 2x4 bricks that I have are just a little bigger than a
regular 1x1 brick.  I think they're really neat.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Beth Reiten