 Dear LEGO / 2475
Re: Please hire this gentleman
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:55:56 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Stephen A. Campbell writes:
LEGO:
How are you? I am fine.
I am writing to suggest that you look into hiring Henry Lim as a model
builder.
Here is his resume:

http://www.geocities.com/droideka13/Stegosaurus.html

Since he's already got the dinosaur done, I would also suggest that you
immediately send him on a week-long vacation with pay. Upon his return
put him in a room with enough bricks to swim in and then stand back. And
be amazed...

No offense or anything but what if Henry doesn't want to work for LEGO?  I
personally don't know if Henry would want to or not and I presume that the main
reason for your post is to hopefully bring TLC's attention to Henry's wonderful
work and thats fine and if Henry wants to work for LEGO they would be crazy not
to hire him or Eric Harshbarger or several other folks from the community.

That was my intent. Henry can obviously do what he wants, but I know I for one (1)
would enjoy seeing a herd of Henry's dinos at Legoland. I did not mean to downplay
the talent and ability of anyone else in here, either. I am generally in awe of
most everybody in or near LUGNET. I was just extremely impressed by the scale and
obvious attention to detail that Henry displays. And I like dinosaurs.

I just find it funny sometimes listening to all the people that wish they could
work for LEGO.  Model designing would be cool but model building would be
incredibly boring I think seeing it is just a "Perl-one-nit-two" type of
monotony for the most part.

I like to come home from work (Or just go down stairs in my case) and build to
let off steam and relax.  If I had to do it all day I think the last thing I
would want to see at home would be a pile of LEGO and that would be awful.

Unless of couse the pile is composed of impossible to find colors and pieces that
just "happen" to fall into ones' pockets...
:-)
I'm NOT condoning or suggesting that anybody should steal anything from anybody
else. Just one of those "gosh, wouldn't it be fun to have all of those bricks..."
fantasies.
But, you're probably right. I used to think that working for NASA would be cool,
too. (and sometimes, it still is...)

Oh well just my 2 cents.  If Henry wants to work for LEGO I hope they let him
if not I hope they don't bother him.

Me too.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group