 Dear LEGO / 2377
Re: Those awful construction sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:18:33 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
I have a local store in my area that is selling those construction
overpass thing set for $27.50 or so (I think this was originally $80.00)
.  They have been on the shelf at that price for almost a month and I am
not even temped to buy them.

*gasp* you're joking!!!!  that's a great set! and an unbelievable price!  I • was
pleased get get a couple at 1/2 price, but wow!  What store was this? :)  (and
no, i wouldn't pay $80 for it, but the roadplates rock, as do some other • pieces
in that set.)

I bought one at full price when it came out, one at half price at a Target,
and one for $20 at another Target. Absolutely worth it at $20. Those
roadplates will be useful, especially with enough to do something. With three
sets, I can build a decent elevated causeway (I actually have a 2 section
causway on my little beachfront setup that I built when I got the first set.
Makes room for display of a lot more vehicles.

Frank